Header file for LabVIEW shared library

I noticed that you can do a call library function by specifying LabVIEW as the dll (uses LabVIEW.exe in the labview development environment). 8.2 has the nice little wizard for creating vi wrappers that call the dll, but it only gives access to 179 functions out of 1015 when the extcode.h file is specified as the header file. Does anyone know if a different header file exists, or if these functions are explained anywhere? Most of the functions are already LabVIEW primitives, but some are not. The configure call library function still lists all of the functions, but you don't know the interface.

• 3 weeks later...
I noticed that you can do a call library function by specifying LabVIEW as the dll (uses LabVIEW.exe in the labview development environment). 8.2 has the nice little wizard for creating vi wrappers that call the dll, but it only gives access to 179 functions out of 1015 when the extcode.h file is specified as the header file. Does anyone know if a different header file exists, or if these functions are explained anywhere? Most of the functions are already LabVIEW primitives, but some are not. The configure call library function still lists all of the functions, but you don't know the interface.

No, all the other functions are private and undocumented unless you happen to be a member of the LabVIEW developer team. LabVIEW 3.0 shipped with a much larger extcode.h file where you could see the prototypes of all those functions exported at that time. BUT: still no documentation about the functions and more importantly the parameters and I think LabVIEw exported maybe 500 functions or so back then, some of them are gone completely, others have changed considerably in prototype and/or behaviour.

Unless you have a year or so of leisure time to dig into this I would recommend to forget about these functions.

Rolf Kalbermatter

• 3 weeks later...
No, all the other functions are private and undocumented unless you happen to be a member of the LabVIEW developer team. LabVIEW 3.0 shipped with a much larger extcode.h file where you could see the prototypes of all those functions exported at that time. BUT: still no documentation about the functions and more importantly the parameters and I think LabVIEw exported maybe 500 functions or so back then, some of them are gone completely, others have changed considerably in prototype and/or behaviour.

Unless you have a year or so of leisure time to dig into this I would recommend to forget about these functions.

Rolf Kalbermatter

Thanks for replying.

I did find one that is quite usefull by digging into some of the code for the executable builder. One of the vi's in there that calls a LabVIEW function turns LLB caching on and off. I found the function call and guessed the input to be a number (zero for off and one for on), and it worked. The function was called "RTSetArchiveCache" and is usefull when programatically saving multiple files to an LLB. Saves lots of time especially when the LLB gets large.

I have pretty much given up on the rest of the stuff. If you don't know or can't guess the inputs and outputs, then it is pretty much a waste of time.