Scale Legend Visible property node problem

Gary Rubin

WARNING!!! TESTING THIS MAY CAUSE LABVIEW TO LOCK UP!!!

I am playing with ways to clean up a front panel, and want to give the user the ability to hide/unhide graph palettes without assuming that they know about the right click > Visible Items technique.

I've run into a problem when trying to use the ScaleLegendVis property node for an intensity graph. When I try to run the attached VI, and set Graph Palette Visible to true, it works as expected with no problem.

However, when I try to make the Scale Legend visible programatically, LV freezes up.

I noticed if I right click and select Visible Items while the VI is running, Scale Legend is disabled. The help for the property node says that Scale Legend Visible is settable while the VI is running.

Is the documentation for that property wrong? Is it not really settable while running?

Thanks,

Gary

Download File:post-4344-1156956373.vi

WARNING!!! TESTING THIS MAY CAUSE LABVIEW TO LOCK UP!!!

I am playing with ways to clean up a front panel, and want to give the user the ability to hide/unhide graph palettes without assuming that they know about the right click > Visible Items technique.

I've run into a problem when trying to use the ScaleLegendVis property node for an intensity graph. When I try to run the attached VI, and set Graph Palette Visible to true, it works as expected with no problem.

However, when I try to make the Scale Legend visible programatically, LV freezes up.

I noticed if I right click and select Visible Items while the VI is running, Scale Legend is disabled. The help for the property node says that Scale Legend Visible is settable while the VI is running.

Is the documentation for that property wrong? Is it not really settable while running?

Thanks,

Gary

I used this with version 7.1 and it locked up as you said, then I used it in 8.20 and it worked just fine. Maybe it is a bug in 7.1.