Bug with "Show Constant Folding"

ohiofudu

Original Post:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...2&jump=true

The attached picture shows where the problem is : LV thinks that the inside nested loop generates a constant. The vi must be run twice to generate a proper result. The first run always generates an array with a column number corresponding to the previous value of Numeric Workaround : carefull with the new show option (16x16_smiley-sad.gif) and wait for the next version... 16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Bug%20Show%20Constant%20Folding.png

In LabVIEW 8.20 Help:

Performance Optimized with ConstantsLabVIEW uses constant folding to optimize the performance of VIs. With constant folding, LabVIEW stores constant values when it compiles VIs instead of calculating them at run time. For constants wired to structures, LabVIEW calculates the output values of the structures when it compiles VIs and stores the values so they are available at run time.

You can display constant folding hash marks on the block diagram by selecting Tools

In LabVIEW 8.20 Help:

Michael,

Thank you so munch for taking the pain to explain what is going on....Now I know how LabVIEW handle constants .I have not upgraded yet to 8.20 I am still with my Good old 7.1 pro at home and 8.0.1 in the office I will be upgrading soon.

once more Thanks.

Ohiofudu.