Cannot place LabVIEW classes functions or controls menu

LabVIEW classes cannot be placed on a block diagram by selecting "Select a VI..." from functions palette. Neither can one place classes on front panel by selecting "Select a Control...". In both cases a file browser that opens claims to accept LabVIEW classes. When one selects a LabVIEW class, a beep sound is played and nothing happens.

Edit: I noticed that all my classes belong to a library. It may be that this bug doesn't apply to classes outside libraries.

Local LabVIEW support told me that this is a wanted feature. Classes inside libraries can only be used if the containing library is included in the project where the class is supposed to be used. I asked them to submit the following suggestion to NI.

Libraries are modules that contain functionality that are somehow connected. Developers may build multiple libraries. There should be a way to easily add libraries to project other than browsing the library from the file system. Project browser could have a new context menu item Add library. This would show a list of all available libraries under vi.lib and user.lib. This way developers could add custom libraries to user.lib and class users could easily find these libraries. Of course browsing to the library should also be an option. Similar functionality should also be for classes and other subclasses of "Library" class.