HELP with Labview 8.2 GOOP

Hey everyone,

I'm having some difficulty in understanding how to use GOOP for my application. I'm basically making an application that takes data in from an external source (from a rs232 port) and graphs it, analyzes it, and saves the data. I'm starting by having the user first log in by entering their user name. I am confused as to how this user name string gets saved into the private data of the createnewuser class I have created.

What I have done so far is created multiple classes (using the project explorer). So I have a newuser class, a edit profile class, a communications class, etc. From the front panel, the user will enter all the information and this info needs to go into the private data clusters of these classes (so the username and batch ID will go into the create user class, the comm port and baud rate into the communications class, etc..) so that each of these classes' methods can act on this data and return the information to either the front panel for displaying or to other classes for further processing. For example, the incoming data stream is handled by the aquiredata class. From here, this raw data needs to be passed onto the parsedata class in order to be parsed and sorted. From there it goes to the savedata class where the data is saved in an excel spreadsheet. Additionally, the processed data needs to be graphed and seen by the user.

I'm confused as to how I actually go about setting these values to the data in these classes and how this data gets passed along between classes and the user interface.

Any help is greatly appreciated!