Hail Lava

packstove

Hello all,

I'm a mechanical/electrical engineer on a project with a limited budget. We can't afford a dedicated pogrammer, so one day in May my boss came up to me and said, here. This is Labview, We need it to aquire this data from these sensors and transmitters and control this, that, and the other thing. Good Luck. And that was my introduction to Labview, and I have been banging my head on the keyboard ever since. All joking aside, after going through a pile of reference manuals and online resources I have so far been able to hold my own.

But , I have to say, that this sight and it's members have been a godsend. There have been times where I have become hopelessly stuck and have received help here. Thankyou for all you have done. And I hope I can be an equally contributing member to this sight.

...And that was my introduction to Labview, and I have been banging my head on the keyboard ever since.
You see, there's your mistake. This is LabVIEW, so you should have been banging your head on your mouse. It would probably have hurt less and could even potentially create some useful code. :laugh:
You see, there's your mistake. This is LabVIEW, so you should have been banging your head on your mouse. It would probably have hurt less and could even potentially create some useful code. :laugh:

Hm... perhaps LV should encourage computer vendors to make mice with a pressure gauge. If we notice both mouse buttons hit simultaneously with extreme force repeatedly, we'll automatically launch a web page that lists all the major help forums (ni.com, info-LV, LAVA, etc?). :P

Welcome to LabVIEW & LAVA! I'm very glad to hear that the forum(s) help, but not at all surprised. The LabVIEW community, in general, has always been among the more helpful I''ve seen online.

When I was starting out the only thing we had was the Info-LabVIEW mailing list and it was a lifesaver at times. Now we have a lot more choice, but LAVA is my favorite.

Hope to see some of your contributions in the future, good luck!