How can I run parallel dynamic VI?

luke

HELP!!!

I have to run many dynamic (I need polymorphism) VIs simultaneously, but I cannot make them reentrant (labview tells me that this is not supported!). I made an exaple to show that VIs do not run simultaneously: the correct bhaviour is that the execution time of the two parts should be the same, instead one of the two VIs waits the other to complete excution.

Someone has suggestions on how to solve the problem?

I really need help

Luca

Download File:post-2982-1158831171.zip

In LabVIEW Object-Oriented Programming (LVOOP) Dynamic Methods cannot be reentrant. You have to make your method static by opening its connector pane, right clicking the dynamic dispatch terminals and selecting required or recommended instead of dynamic dispatch terminal. However, you cannot override such a method.

If you need to be able to override your method, you can write a dynamic method to return you a VI reference for a static method. You then call this static method using call by reference node. This way you can dynamically determine correct static method to call, which can be reentrant. If all of the above was nonsense to you, then you should study LVOOP in more detail. Start by opening your LabVIEW help.

In LabVIEW Object-Oriented Programming (LVOOP) Dynamic Methods cannot be reentrant. You have to make your method static by opening its connector pane, right clicking the dynamic dispatch terminals and selecting required or recommended instead of dynamic dispatch terminal. However, you cannot override such a method.

If you need to be able to override your method, you can write a dynamic method to return you a VI reference for a static method. You then call this static method using call by reference node. This way you can dynamically determine correct static method to call, which can be reentrant. If all of the above was nonsense to you, then you should study LVOOP in more detail. Start by opening your LabVIEW help.

This makes sense! Thank you for the idea! I will try that!