Can't install Device Drivers on XP 64-bit

Greetings all.

I am running LV8.2 on a windows XP 64-bit PC and I cannot get the device drivers (dated Aug 2006) to install. I get a "This installation is not supported on a 64-bit operating system" error. I have searched these forums, the web and NI.com for any information on how to get around this limitation or indeed if there are any plans for an updated set of drivers that are XP-64 compatible.

Has anyone else solved this problem or got any information about this?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers & Beers

:beer: :beer:

Have you tried installing each component from its MSI file individually?

Right back atcha!

I tried a couple of the 125 MSI files individually (max.msi, then daqmxef.msi), some worked but others displayed an empty list of components that were (not) going to be installed. I stopped because I don't have a spare day to manually install all the msi files and I don't want an installation that is incomplete in some areas.

Right now I am resorting to using my laptop for LV8.2 app development.

Cheers & Beers

:thumbup: :beer:

From NI DEV ZONE:

National Instruments will provide 64-bit hardware drivers after Vista is available in 2007.

See last line in section 3:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5056

Judging from MS's track record on releasing mainstream OS's, we can expect 64 bit drivers in 200n (insert integer of choice, 7<=n<=9) :)

Here's a list of expected drivers from NI:

http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/bycode/vista

Thanks to all for your replies.

Ben, I am using XP 64 on a developement machine for other (non NI) reasons. I currently do not have any clients requiring a solution to be hosted on such a beast. I do like the speed improvement of XP 64 though.

So I guess all I have to do is wait for MS to release VISTA, then wait for NI to release those 64-bit drivers. Cool, should be able to get stuck into this project by around 2009. :headbang:

Cheers and Beers

:thumbup: :beer: