Get image from Windows clipboard

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to get an image from the windows clipboard for some time now and have had no success. The problem is that the getclipboard data function in the user32.dll does not seem to be usable with the Call Library Function Node. Although I know that it would be easy enough to create some other code to translate data types between the function and the program, I would like to find a more eloquent way of handling this (through LabVIEW exclusively). I have no sample code for this problem as it is, as yet, unsolved for me. I do wonder if there is a way to use functions in ntdll.dll that may accomplish this task for me better.

Thank you! :beer:

Unfortunately, I need to acquire the image from the Windows clipboard. That method acquires images from the LabVIEW clipboard. The reason this is important is that I am acquiring an image the user acquired using Print Screen or Alt + Print Screen.

My apologies, it does acquire images from the windows clipboard. Thank you for finding this, but could you tell me how you got it? I can't seem to replicate the application clipboard getimage method, I can only get to read and write string methods for the clipboard. Thanks again!

As I mentioned, it is a scripting (meaning private) method. Before LV 8, it was simply a matter of adding an ini file setting. In 8, it's more complicated. See the scripting board for more details.

If you're afraid of using unsupported methods, you can try looking for the full version of Rolf's library linked to in my post. It should probably also have VIs which use GetClipboardData.