Count Pulse

mross

Hello,

Please, I want a program that can count the number of rise edges of a train of pulses OR count the number of how many times I pressed a toggel switch.

I used Labview 7.1

Can any one help

Did you just want someone to give you the program or do you have some code to show us what you have tried so far? This forum makes it very easy to share code and that is the tradition when asking for advise. It helps also to know what DAQ hardware or other pertinent equipment you are using.

Mike

Hello,

Please, I want a program that can count the number of rise edges of a train of pulses OR count the number of how many times I pressed a toggel switch.

I used Labview 7.1

Can any one help

There are examples that ship with LabVIEW containing code to do exactly what you ask for. Did you search the built-in LabVIEW DAQ\DIO\COUNTER examples?

Try that then come back for more.

Hello Spacetoon,

I'm afraid that everybody here think : "what you are trying to do is basic programming"... for which you probably don't need help.

You just need to buy a book or search through examples to find a way to program this. The "little light" next to the Run button in the block diagram could be useful too. It will show you the way Labview run.

I can't send you code since I use 8.2 but it will probably be more "learningful" if you do it by yourself. Use Events structures to do that nicely (you can find good examples in the help) !

Happy wireworking !

Bo

Hello

I have done a program that need some modification by you to work correctly

i search in all Labview but i didn't find any thing

Please, the program is attached and i want to count the pulses which generated by the switch

modify it and tell me

again i use Labview 7.1

thanks

I am new at this world

and i want you to push me

if you can help please help because i tried

thx

As I recall the User Guide/Operators Maunal for the NI PCI 6602 counter timer card had an extensive discussion of the basic counter timer functions. You should be able to find that online if you look.

If you search in the LV Example code there are vi's to do all the basic functions. Use the Find Examples function under Help.

You need to go to these sources and look at the documentation.

I am sympathetic, I recall that this information is cryptic, written perhaps for an audience that has used other counter timer instruments, not for someone starting new, an innocent. Counter timer use is a little obscure, and not everyone has used them with much sophistication. The NI forum for counter timers has been a dead zone for years, though that could have changed. I quit paying attention to it due to inactivity.

You will need to call up the vi's and investigate the help files they contain. Start your context help (Ctrl-H) and bring you cursor over the icon for the vi. \

To this day I dislike the way these Help/VIdocumentation files are written. They can be real head scratchers. There is no wasted words to make it easy to comprehend. That is where your subscription comes in handy. After you have tried to figure it out, then you can call NI for some assistance. I am generally impressed with the level of help I get from NI over the phone. It may be useful to ask for someone with experience using counters.

I know that is not very helpful. But you will need to look at all that information and try it out before it is any use to troubleshoot your problems.

Mike

Hi,

I'm not completely sure that I understand what you want to do, but if you intend to count the number of low-to-high transitions then have a look at the attached VI. If you want to count all changes, i.e. even high-to-low transitions, just use a XOR node (boolean palette) instead.

/J

Download File:post-5958-1161009776.vi

I am new at this world

and i want you to push me

if you can help please help because i tried

thx