Digitial IN AND OUT in one DAQmx task

i2dx

Hi Folks,

I want to use the digital IOs of a NI-PXI-6030E: one line as Input, one line as Output, Single Update, Software-Timing 250 ms

I just wonder, if it is possible to use digital IN AND OUT in one single DAQmx Task? I never did that before with DAQmx ;) and currently it seems, that it will NOT work (Error -200559: DAQmx Create Channel (DI-Digital Input).vi:Task cannot contain a channel with the specified channel type, because the task already contains channels with a different channel type.)

That worked with traditional DAQ, where you could set a "Line mask" on a port where you could set the direction. But I can not find anything similar in DAQmx.

Has anyone a clue for me?

-> the workaround would simple be to use 2 tasks ... thus there is no "real" problem ...

Thanks,

CB

Has anyone a clue for me?

-> the workaround would simple be to use 2 tasks ... thus there is no "real" problem ...

Hi i2dx,

I think the silence has warned you already but it is not possible. When starting a task you already have to set its main properties and directions. So go with two tasks.

Ton

I think the silence has warned you already but it is not possible. When starting a task you already have to set its main properties and directions. So go with two tasks.

I thought as much ...

thank you anyway!

cheers,

CB