subvi front panel

Hi

I need to insert subvi's front panel into the main vi front panel. It can not be done by inserting the subvi into a subpanel, because i want (need) to see the subvi's ront panel in design mode. I also can not make a .ctl from this subvi, because i need to execute some code in the subvi.

Another question: is there any possible solution how to run two or more same subvi at the same time (for example in 2 subpanels) ?

Thanks

--

baracuda

I think you are out of luck with seeing the subvi's front panel in design mode in a subpanel. From what I understand you can edit the subVI at will, but not while it is "in" the subpanel.

I also think you could run two subVI's in two subpanels, using parallel loops. You'll have to post something you've tried to get a whole lot more help... right now we can only speculate on what you are doing.

I also think you could run two subVI's in two subpanels, using parallel loops.

I've been running three instances of a single vi (reentrantly) in three separate subpanels for a while. Each subpanel is on it's own tab in a tab control, and each contains a stripchart and XControl that is updated at ~ 20Hz. :thumbup: I can stop individual instances without affecting the other threads.

Another question: is there any possible solution how to run two or more same subvi at the same time (for example in 2 subpanels) ?

Any time two subVIs are in parellel with each other (meaning no wires output from one are needed as inputs to the other) then they will run in parallel. If you put those two subVIs into two subpanels, they'll run independently without any intervention from you.

I need to insert subvi's front panel into the main vi front panel. It can not be done by inserting the subvi into a subpanel, because i want (need) to see the subvi's ront panel in design mode. I also can not make a .ctl from this subvi, because i need to execute some code in the subvi.

One workaround would be to use VI Server to open the subVI and then move it over the position you want it in the main app - while it is in edit mode, it will still show the window around the subVI panel.