Custom meter - revisited

Let it be said that, "No good design shall go unpunished!" Here I am back with the custom dial. Thanks to all who helped before. For any who wish to review old topic, it is at

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?showtopic=2951&hl=dial

The customer liked the color changing needle and "target" area so much that he now wants the entire dial face to change color. I am sure there is something simple I am missing, but I cannot find it. In the attached example (the GuageColorControl.vi is also necessary), first move the slider upward slowly to see how things SHOULD work. The transition points should be at +- 0.05. Now move it slowly downward to just past zero, then to past -0.05. The colors should be the same for -0.05 thru 0.05, and for below -0.05 and above 0.05.

I am now in ver 8.01, so please make sure any examples are in that version.

From the previous discussion I realize that this cries out for an XControl. While I would not be adverse to an example, as I would like to get some experience, I have had no experience with them and would also like something I can modify.

Thanks for any assistance, we are in the last week or so before delivery.

Roy

Download File:post-1161-1161563450.vi

Download File:post-1161-1161563436.vi

I am now in ver 8.01, so please make sure any examples are in that version.
You should update your profile to reflect that.
The customer liked the color changing needle and "target" area so much that he now wants the entire dial face to change color.
Here is my solution. The problem is that you have the guages overlapping so that when one is colored, it overlaps the other. The solution is to create a round boolean and use THAT as the background. Then program the color of it as required. The guages should be transparent always in this case.

The code is in LV801

Download File:post-2-1161577508.vi

Fantastic, Michael. This is what happens when you are working 14-16 hrs a day. The easy stuff whips right by. Just for neatness and consistency I incorporated your changes into the GuageColorControl2 vi (yes I know it's spelled wrong, I am an Engineer after all) and moved the Boolean for the "good zone" there as well. Here's the final versions.

Many thanks to all who have helped with this.

I offer these free to anyone who wishes to use them.

Roy

Download File:post-1161-1161816045.vi

Download File:post-1161-1161816099.vi

I've worked a bit with XControls, and played around with what you uploaded.

I've attached version that you can play with and look at XControls a bit more if you like...

I went with a transparent gauge, then placed a LED behind it. I Set the foreground and background colors of the LED. You can get a nice 3-D shading effect with this. (The names of the files in the XControl are defaults, this was just a quick hack to show you what can be done)

I created XControl properties for the lower and upper limits as well as the scale limits for the gauge itself. Thanks for making me play a bit more with XControls. I think they can be fun, but are a lot of work.. The nice thing is you can simplify your block diagram ALOT.

post-949-1161868133.png?width=400

Download File:post-949-1161867842.llb (LV 8.0.1)