Develop new toolkit

mksa

I am wondering if someone can tell how to create new toolkit what do I need,

Cause I would like to develop an open source PID controller toolkit.

Do you want to know how to create PID VIs, suggestions on integrating it into a toolkit, or how to develop open source using LabVIEW?

I am wondering if someone can tell how to create new toolkit what do I need,

Cause I would like to develop an open source PID controller toolkit.

I have thought about this too. What i have come to is that in 90 % of the cases, all you need in an app is a straight forward PID controller with a minimum of "bells and whistles". In addition you probably in some cases need an integrator and a derivator. The two latter things already exist in the math library in LabVIEW, and a simple PID is made in 5-10 minutes. If you have a good PID, then the code repository on this site is a better place IMO.

If you focus on "what is possible to do" instead of "what do most of us actually need and want", then there really is no limit to the complexity you can make out of this toolkit, and you end up making a simulation toolkit al

I have thought about this too. What i have come to is that in 90 % of the cases, all you need in an app is a straight forward PID controller with a minimum of "bells and whistles". In addition you probably in some cases need an integrator and a derivator. The two latter things already exist in the math library in LabVIEW, and a simple PID is made in 5-10 minutes.

If I remember right, there is an example in LabVIEW called "simple PID" or something like that, which already has PID implemented.

This example does not use the PID toolkit.

Neville.