How do I get the "Explain Changes..." list without closing the VI?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before - I've searched as much as I can (see here for how not to design a forum search engine :blink: )

I would like to be able to get the list of modified VIs that shows up when you click the "Explain Changes..." button on the "Save changes?" dialog box, without having to close the top-level VI. Anyone know how to do this? I guess I could script something to traverse all the VIs in memory and check their "Current Changes", but I'd rather not have to.

Thanks,

Jaegen

post-932-1162413293.png?width=400

Well, apparently it takes about 1/2 an hour to script this up :D (not starting completely from scratch of course).

Notes:

• Saved in LV7.1.1
  • If you don't have OpenG stuff installed, just delete the second sequence frame and the results won't be sorted
  • If you double-click on a row, the VI will be opened
  • This may not work properly in LV8 and higher, since the "All VIs in Memory" propery only returns VIs in the current application instance
  • Does anyone know what the mod codes actually mean?

Download File:post-932-1162413902.vi

Well, you already wrote the code, but the answer is File>>VI Properties>>General>>Current Changes.

I could've sworn I checked this :headbang:

It's a bit confusing though, because while this method gives you a drop-down list filled with all modified VIs, if you attempt to close a modified subVI, then click "Explain Changes ...", the drop down only includes the current VI.

Either way, I like my little tool :)

Look at this tool too: Modified VIs

Thanks - I haven't looked at this yet, but it may come in handy.

Jaegen