Forced Windows logout

My customer has had problems with users loading and playing games on a proces control computer. A loaded game caused the process controlling program to crash. We are creating a LabVIEW program for a different process, and he doesn't want the same problem to occur. The requirement is that the LabVIEW process controller immediately executes as soon as the operator logs on and immediately logs the operator off upon termination of the program. This will be an executable created with AppBuilder. The logon behavior should be absolute (i.e.; ALWAYS happens). The logoff (or break out to Windows) behavior should be password controlled (i.e. Supervisor password allows exitting to Windows environment without logging off). The logoff does not necessarily need to shut the computer off (though I would like to know how to do that, too), just return the user to the login screen.

I am using LabVIEW 8.01FD under WinXP pro SP2.

I have already spoken with NI tech support and performed a search on their and this forum. I came up with:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8B0...6256EE900778BDE

Which, I think, tells me how to accomplish the launch on login. I would like comments on whether this can be defeated easily.

In particular, I need ways to block terminating or breaking out of the program (Ctrl-Alt-Del, Alt-Tab, any others I don't know about).

That would take care of the login side.

For the logout side I also found

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...ding&page=1

which says it won't work with XP.

Any assistance GREATlY appreciated.

Roy

You might also consider relocating the CPU of the computer to a non-user accessable place. Such as in a locked cabinet. If the user can't get to the CD drive he can't (typically) load up a game. If the machine doesn't have access to the internet, the user will be hard pressed to find some way he / she could load things on the computer. You might also look at LitePC and thier windows xp lite product.

In the end, there is only so much you can do, a determined user will (probably) find a back door.

Good luck.