Reentrant SubVIs from Remote access

I have an LabView (8.0) application and I want to access it remotely (internet).

The access is happening correctly, but when I call a subVI (reentrant), the labview remote panel shows a message saying that is not possible to open Front Panels remotely. If the SubVI is not reentrant, the LabView opens normally.

Somebody knows how to open a reentrant subVI with remote access?

Thanks'

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I think that it was LV 8.2 which introduced seperate FPs for reentrant VIs, which means that the only way is probably to upgrade.

To workaround in 8, you could probably write a wrapper which would not be reentrant and connect to that wrapper.

If you need more than one VI, then I think that you will have to write some code which will copy the VIs and run them, because VI templates only create copies in RAM and RFPs require that you have the VI on disk so you can point to it.

If the SubVI is not reentrant, the LabView opens normally.
I think that it was LV 8.2 which introduced seperate FPs for reentrant VIs, which means that the only way is probably to upgrade.

To workaround in 8,

Maybe you can use a .vit (VI template) and open a new VI based on the VIT and use this as the reentrant VI

Ton

Maybe you can use a .vit (VI template) and open a new VI based on the VIT and use this as the reentrant VI

As I already said, you can use a VIT, but you won't be able to connect to it, because the HTML file needed for the remote connection (assuming a browser is used) needs to point to an actual VI on the hard drive, so the code needs to create a fake VIT by copying the VI and renaming it and then running the copy and modifying the HTML to point at this copy.