Telnet execution problem

Hi folks,

I'm testing those days a program which uses telnet vi's, from Internet Connectivity toolkit, please see attached image file. Program runs ok but when I try to run it again I have to wait some time, from 30 seconds to 1 min before running it again because the message you can see in the attached file pops up "The specified network address is currently in use", that's what I don't understand because the currently telnet session was closed by Close Connection vi or I think so.

Could you point me a little bit about this issu, please?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jose.

post-662-1164191814.jpg?width=400

...when I try to run it again I have to wait some time, from 30 seconds to 1 min before running it again...

Hi,

I have experienced something smilar, not with the internet toolkit, but with a custom made TELNET client.

In that case the problem was that the TELNET server expected the client to send "bye" or "exit" before closing the connection.

The timeout (30-60s) was for the server to realize that the client had disconnected.

So a possible solution could be to send the command "bye" or "exit", before you actually disconnect.

/J

Thanks JFM for tell me your experience about telnet protocol. Related to your answer, I also thought that maybe an "exit" command was a must but after implementting it the execution behaviour is still the same...

Did you add "newline" after "exit"? And did you check if the server responded to the exit command?

Other than that I am out of ideas, and I don't have InternetToolkit installed at the moment so I have to install that to continue searching...

/J

Hi,

Thanks again JFM, just a little feedback about what I have tested:

1. By adding an "exit" command + newline character to the "Write Telnet vi" and wiring the answer to a "Read Telnet vi" the answer was an error telling that the connection was closed by the peer so that's clear that the server closed connection inmediatly.

2. Again, if I let "exit" command + newline character to the "Write Telnet vi" but I don