Should priority of dynamic methods ever be set?

Hi,

As a LabVOOP rookie I started using subroutine priority dynamic VIs in my projects to enhance the execution speed. I've not really verified that the execution speed really is better when using subroutine priority, after all dynamic VIs are somewhat different from normal VIs.

Now that I've been using LabVOOP intensively since August this year, I've come into a conclusion that one should really carefully consider the pros and cons when setting the priority of a dynamic VI other than the default Normal. The reason is following.

All of the Override VIs must have the same priority as the VI they override. So if developer sets the priority to be something else than Normal, then all the VIs overriding this VI must have the same priority. This is ok, if you develop a small project only to yourself and you are certain that nobody else is never going to reuse your classes. Often this is not the case, indeed one of the main advantages of OOP is reusability of the classes. Now setting the priority of your dynamic VI to something else than Normal forces all the override VIs to this priority. This is a limiting factor for the developer of the override VI. Especially if the priority is set to Subroutine, the overriding VI cannot use any asynchronous nodes. As dynamic VIs are considered asynchronous in LabVOOP, override VIs of subroutine priority cannot call other dynamic VIs. This on the other hand is very limiting as it may often be required to call other class methods from your new class method.

I think a warning should pop up in LabVIEW when setting a subroutine priority to dynamic VI or when making a subroutine priority VI dynamic. The warning should warn that one cannot call any dynamic VI from this VI or any of the VIs that override this VI.

This is not really a question or anything like that. This is more like a warning to other LAVA members to avoid usage of subroutine priority in dynamic VIs.