LabVIEW / LabVIEW RT 8.20 Crashs sometimes when using the Stop Timed Loop.vi

Ton Plomp

Hy all

LabVIEW /LabVIEW RT sometimes crash (doesn't respond) when you stop a Timed Loop with the "Stop Timed Loop.vi".

So the "Stop Timed Loop.vi" sometimes work like a "Stop LabVIEW function".

If you connect a monitor to your RT System, the Monitor show then sometimes folowing text (at the end of the usual Text).

(I will post an Image next week...)

Bad state [103481600L10700]: R:\Europa\TimedLoopScheduler\RTScheduler.cpp:3577

or

Bad state [111883072L12052]: R:\Europa\TimedLoopScheduler\RTScheduler.cpp:3577

or

Bad state [80532928L12052]: R:\Europa\TimedLoopScheduler\RTScheduler.cpp:3577

or

Bad state [84268800L24472]: R:\Europa\TimedLoopScheduler\RTScheduler.cpp:3577

(LabVIEW RT is installed on drive c... I don't have a R:\)

This is a verry nice behaviour. I lost a few days while trying to run my RT windtunnel application (arround 1000vi's, writen in LabVIEW 8.0) on the new incredible LabVIEW 8.20. Since it didn't always happend, it was quite difficult to find out the error...

The Programmm always stopped at some point (didn't respond). Even "Ping" was imposible, the harddisk LED showed no activity...

But finaly I was able to reproduce the error with a verry simple vi, even on LabVIEW 8.20 for Windows. (I will pos the vi next week)

Another nice thing with LabVIEW 8.20 and the Timed Loop is that a "to big Priority" (Priority of the timed loop) cause also an error message. (someting like Timed Loop wrong configured )

Oouw Martin,

looks kinda bad (wel not kinda just bad), what does the debug file say after a restart? or doesn't it show up? If not look at it from MAX (or locate it with FTP).

Ton

I reported the bug to Ni on Saturday...

The problem is not the aborting of the timed loop- it is the restart of the aborted timed loop. So if you only abort a timed loop everything works fine. But if you try to restart the timed loop you have a problem...

Download File:post-1396-1166509047.vi

• 2 weeks later...