Read in a subVI's icon?

Does anyone know of an easy method to get some sort of reference to a VI's icon? I'm not talking about the generic "I'm-a-VI" one you see from your OS, but the actual icon you create when you make your VIs. I know that I can get it from the VI's binary, but I'd much prefer loading it from a VI reference and displaying it in a picture control or the like, but I can't find an appropriate property...

PS: actually, it'd be kind of cool if someone wrote some code that gets the subVI's icon from its' binary for the Code Repository...

Does anyone know of an easy method to get some sort of reference to a VI's icon? I'm not talking about the generic "I'm-a-VI" one you see from your OS, but the actual icon you create when you make your VIs. I know that I can get it from the VI's binary, but I'd much prefer loading it from a VI reference and displaying it in a picture control or the like, but I can't find an appropriate property...

PS: actually, it'd be kind of cool if someone wrote some code that gets the subVI's icon from its' binary for the Code Repository...

Moore Good Ideas has a VI that reads the icon from the VI's binary in their MGI Freeware VIs.

Also, In LabVIEW 8.2 (and maybe earlier) you can use the VI Icon methods of the VI class (see below).

post-17-1166589306.png?width=400

Cheers,

Your kidding right? :unsure:

My Icon editor gets the Icon form a vi via the reference.

And if I recall you were the one whom approved it for the CR. :P

In my ICON Editor is this function also used (the Vi is already in the Code Repository)

Vi, Vit, Ctl Icon and Description Editor