Skypecasts

Norm Kirchner

Strange,

Now it is gone, but mine worked earlier (no-one around).

Just to get the idea, is this some sort of group-meeting possibility? Where you can discuss live about some topic?

It would be nice if a skypecast shows up in your skype program...

EDIT: OK skype 3.0 has a live tab

Maybe something to plan? I only have skype at home so between 8 and 10 CET would be best..

Ton

I've just started one. Apparently you can setup a duration for it and the max is 5 hrs. Search for LabVIEW now...

I'll start a new one if this expires. Let's do a new years eve LAVA chat!

Well, my first attempt is not going too well. I made it public instead of private. This means non-LAVA members can join. I also made it 5hrs. I just discovered that you can't cancel a skypecast. So I have to wait until the time expires to start a new one. At that time, I will start a private skypecast and post the link in this thread so only readers of this thread can join.
Well, my first attempt is not going too well. I made it public instead of private. This means non-LAVA members can join. I also made it 5hrs. I just discovered that you can't cancel a skypecast. So I have to wait until the time expires to start a new one. At that time, I will start a private skypecast and post the link in this thread so only readers of this thread can join.

I hosted the one for the 5 hours and learned a few things. It's ok to make it public, but you need to closely moderate the number of people available to talk. By default, people coming into the conversation are able to talk immediately, rather than by being invited to speak from only being able to listen. This way you can leave it open to whoever but stop the wackos from getting through.

You change the default by setting the option "send all to listen" or something close to that.

~,~