Resize graph before adding image to Report

torekp

OK, I just discovered a new toy with the Labview report generation (html reports). I used to write data to text files named with ".xls" extensions, then do my graphs in Excel. What was I thinking?? OK, so there are a few potential benefits to that approach if you want to do a quick recalculation, but... :headbang: What I want to do now is just add the images of my Waveform Graphs to an html report. But, I want to make the details resolvable - I want the graph to be larger in the report than it normally is in my GUI. There are several graphs in the GUI, not to mention buttons and labels that don't need to go in the report, so the graph needs to be kind of on the small side in the GUI, most of the time.

Should I add a button to my GUI that resizes and repositions the graph before adding its image to the report? Or is there some way to manipulate the size / resolution of the image as (after?) it's added to the report? I just know there's someone out there who has figured all this stuff out, at least better than I have.

Should I add a button to my GUI that resizes and repositions the graph before adding its image to the report? Or is there some way to manipulate the size / resolution of the image as (after?) it's added to the report? I just know there's someone out there who has figured all this stuff out, at least better than I have.

You could get the graph indicator's front panel image, resize it and then write it into an off-screen picture indicator, and then use the image of the picture indicator in your report...

A different take on Chris' idea is to write the data to another graph (off-screen) and grab the image of that graph. The advantage is your detail will be resolvable. If I read Chris' idea right, you would take an image of your small (display) graph and resize it to be bigger, which would always result in reduced information on the image that would go in the HTML report. The technique I mentioned is one we used to provide a graph you could print. We basically setup a graph that was black and white (designed to use the least amount of ink) for printing purposes, we would feed the data to it in a seperate front panel and print that front panel.

Excellent. :worship: I think I'll try making the larger graph "hidden", and see if that works, or maybe put it on a separate tab in a tab control. Actually, it might be nice to have that zoomed-up graph available on the GUI, so tab control it is.