Simple Event-Driven Queued State Machine with Front Panel Events and a Timer

Does anyone have an example of a hierarchical state machine programmed with the same level of detail as the flat state machine examples provided here already? I'm sure that LabHSM is great for achieving fast and robust HSM programs, but it's a closed design and difficult to interpret what is going on "under the hood". For illustrative / educational purposes, something with nested case structures and shift registers might be better. Thanks,

Nate

I don't know if this helps (or if I can uplaod it) but this PowerPoint presentation contains the complete design of an app I delevered years ago. It contains 64 pages of "nuts-n-bolts" with every state machine included as well as notes (see the notes pages!) telling you everything that that goes on in every state. The final code was implemented as shown with those images included in the final app. The customer's "Ben" did not like my auto-scaling so that code was modified from what is shown in the doc.

I hope this helps,

Ben

System Architecture5.ppt

About that app:

That app was designed to characterize TPV diodes (Thermo-Photo-Voltaic Diodes) who's characteristic curve is afftected by both temperature and light. I had to control the temp via HP power-supplies driving a pelier crystal, the lihgt via another PS, ramp the lamp through steps and ramp the light through steps while acquiring curves. Lots of parallel process that needed coordinated. When I presented this design to replace an existing HP-VEE app one of the scientist said "why such a complicated design?" I replied that the HP-VEE implementation fialed due to lack of multiple threads, I want this one to work!".

Edited by neBulus
  • Like 1