DAQmx property node that lists PFI channels available?

george seifert

I've had this question on the LV forum for several days, but haven't gotten any replys that do what I need.

I want to find out how many PFI lines are available on a given DAQ card are so I can then inform the user that the test can't be run with the available DAQ board if it's not suitable. The PFI line in particular I'm looking at is PFI12 (associated with CTR 0 out) that's not available on some older boards. If you look at a VI like DAQmx Connect Terminals, the "source terninal" control is populated with all the lines available on the board. It seems I should be able to get the same info from somewhere. The types of DAQ cards used could be changing so I'd rather not build a fixed list of boards that are OK to use. I thought about using the error, but getting the available lines is much cleaner. I've tried a whole bunch of DAQmx property nodes, but none of them list the PFI lines - just the other channel names.George