How to check free RAM memory ?

Hi all,

I'm building a Vision application that will run on different PCs with different amount of RAM from 512Mo to 4Go.

Basically images will be acquired with a PCIe 1429 to the system memory, so in order to prevent the user from allocating more memory than disponible, I'd like to programatically get the amout of free ram memory (like we can see when opening window's task manager).

Is that possible and how ?

Thanks in advance for any help ;)

... What constructor shall I select from the list in the "Select constructor" window ?

You should not need to browse for DLLs...

On the block diagram, drop a .NET constructor node (Connectivity->.NET->Constructor Node). From its configuration dialog, select the 'System' assembly from the dropdown. Find the 'System.Diagnostics' entry in the objects list, expand its tree and select 'PerformanceCounter'. From the list of constructors, I chose the constructor prototype which takes two parameters, categoryName and counterName. Wire string constants to these as I showed in the BD snippet. Then you'll need a create a .NET method node for NextValue() as shown. Dispose of the reference when through.

If you're going to invoke this repeatedly, you should consider placing the constructor outside the loop, and maintain the reference wire for calling NextValue(). The .NET constructors seem to be pretty time-intensive to execute (in my experience).

Hope this is clear.

Dave