Exporting Graph History to CSV

I'm currently doing a VI for a Leak Test machine that may run up to 24 hours. In this time period I'm graphing the collected pressure traces, and that's it.

Is there a way to dump the history of the graph to a CSV file? Rather than collecting the data into another array, and then either trashing the array once they start a new test, or saving it to a file if it's involked. It just seems like better memory managment to use the history feature... i guess.

Thanks!

Jason

QUOTE(JStoddard @ Feb 16 2007, 01:46 PM)

I'm currently doing a VI for a Leak Test machine that may run up to 24 hours. In this time period I'm graphing the collected pressure traces, and that's it.

Is there a way to dump the history of the graph to a CSV file? Rather than collecting the data into another array, and then either trashing the array once they start a new test, or saving it to a file if it's involked. It just seems like better memory managment to use the history feature... i guess.

For a chart, you can use a property node and use the History Data property to get the contents of the chart as an array. It will discard everything not contained in the chart history, though. For a graph, you can just use a local variable of the graph itself.

I would suggest logging the data to disk as you collect it, though. Unless you're collecting at really high rates, it shouldn't slow anything down. If a power glitch can lose 24 hours of data, it's worth the small amount of extra work.

QUOTE(JStoddard @ Feb 16 2007, 11:46 AM)

Thanks!

Jason

You mean "chart"?

Neville.