RSS? How? Where?

mross

Jeff,

Thanks for the link. It boils down to go find the RSS licon and press it to get started, I think. The discussion coverd abit more than that.

I have to say though that I can't find the RSS icon to begin with. I was looking for that prior to asking for help and it is not there. I am running the current version of Firefox. Maybe I have set something that disables RSS. I will have to look.

MIke

QUOTE(mross @ Feb 17 2007, 09:30 AM)

I have to say though that I can't find the RSS icon to begin with. I was looking for that prior to asking for help and it is not there. I am running the current version of Firefox. Maybe I have set something that disables RSS. I will have to look.

Ah ha -- The RSS icon has moved since the tutorial was written. It's in the extreme lower left of the page -- Looks like an orange square with white waves. I attached a picture.

I'll PM Michael to update the RSS tutorial post.

QUOTE(mross @ Feb 17 2007, 03:30 PM)

In that case I'd suggest the https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/424/' target="_blank">Wizz RSS reader

It adds a pane to your browser with a tree of all sub-scribed RSS feeds.

Some interesting, are listed in the 'blogs section of LAVA.

Another cool feature is the listing of Info-LabVIEW in Gmail, i've added a info-labview label, and let Wizz RSS list that label as a seperate RSS-feed!

On the NI-forums you can have RSS feeds for every board (LabVIEW/DIADem/Breakpoint :thumbup: ) and for specific users/keywords

Ton

QUOTE(Jeff Plotzke @ Feb 17 2007, 11:02 AM)

Ah ha -- The RSS icon has moved since the tutorial was written. It's in the extreme lower left of the page -- Looks like an orange square with white waves. I attached a picture.

I'll PM Michael to update the RSS tutorial post.

I am picking on it but nothing is happening.

QUOTE(mross @ Feb 17 2007, 01:22 PM)

I am picking on it but nothing is happening.

Do you have Javascript enabled? When you click on the RSS button, a little submenu should appear showing "-All of LAVA-", but it's triggered using Javascript.

In Firefox, Tools > Options > Content > Enable Javascript

Hopefully that fixes it... :)

QUOTE(crelf @ Feb 18 2007, 11:58 AM)

I use http://rsspopper.blogspot.com/2004/10/home.html' target="_blank">RSSPopper in Outlook - it's pretty cool and threads all of the forums just like emails.

The company I work for has just updated our computers to Outlook 2007. It has some nice features such as being able to group emails by conversations (similiar to gmail), and the ability to add RSS Feeds. Below is a quote from the RSS Feeds section of Outlook 2007

"How does RSS work in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007?RSS readers, such as the one built into Office Outlook 2007, allow you to subscribe to RSS Feeds and then read content or follow links for additional information. Whenever you see a link to a feed, or an RSS icon such as the one at the top of this page, just click. Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 will automatically subscribe you to that RSS Feed."

Not to spin too far off from this topic, but has anyone else that uses thunderbird and mozilla had trouble keeping your id in thunderbird? It seems like once a week or more I move my cookies.txt file from mozilla (which has always kept me logged in) to thunderbird. I seem to have to keep doing this because somehow thunderbird will quit remembering who i am. Anyone else see this?

Dave

• 1 year later...