ivision18

I encountered the same problem on my machine (Dell Dell Dimension E510) and was not able to fix the problem despite trying for several days. I have never seen an error like this before and would like to know why the IVISION software is sensitive to the DEP mechanism.

QUOTE(sachsm @ Feb 19 2007, 08:45 PM)

I encountered the same problem on my machine (Dell Dell Dimension E510) and was not able to fix the problem despite trying for several days. I have never seen an error like this before and would like to know why the IVISION software is sensitive to the DEP mechanism.

Hi sachsm,

It is because IVision uses some customized directshow filter which is a COM object that needs to be registered with regsrv32.exe. Winxp sp2 with hardware DEP enabled machine will have problem registering unless you disable the DEP on your machine or register the filter in safe mode. You may also meet the same problem if you have some ActiveX control that needs to be registered. The bottom line is regsrv32.exe can not run under DEP protection. But once you get over that, it should be easy to load up IVision in LabVIEW :rolleyes: as many people have made it to work.

Irene