Graphical programming related journals

Tomi Maila

Hi,

I'd be interested to follow technical or scientific journals or other publications that publish articles on graphical programming and maybe even LabVIEW related articles. Does anybody know any such publications? They do not need to be on graphical programming only, just publications that at least sometimes publish articles on graphical programming.

Tomi

• 3 weeks later...

The easiest way to find this type of stuff now is just to Google search it. That said, there isn't much in the way of dedicated journals for such things, yet. There are some other graphical environments, including some that are very high end P-GRADE but not much for LabVIEW now that LTR is gone. I think that a lot of the same function as journals is handled now by LAVA and blogs like the one's Chris Relf and Jim Kring have and the NI developers blogs. The Repositories here on LAVA are beginning to have peer review. What we don't have is some stuffy Ivy league editor doleing out who gets to publish what. So far LAVA has been very high on merit based acceptance.

QUOTE(Mike Ashe @ Mar 13 2007, 05:40 AM)

I think that a lot of the same function as journals is handled now by LAVA and blogs like the one's Chris Relf and Jim Kring have and the NI developers blogs.

As an aside: If you're up for writing a technical article or two and aren't interested in writing every month for your own blog, I'd be more than happy to make room on my blog for you. I, of course, have final say on whether I think your article belongs on my blog, but it's an option if you're interested...

QUOTE(crelf @ Mar 12 2007, 10:27 PM)

As an aside: If you're up for writing a technical article or two and aren't interested in writing every month for your own blog, I'd be more than happy to make room on my blog for you. I, of course, have final say on whether I think your article belongs on my blog, but it's an option if you're interested...

Thanks for the offer ;) I must politely decline the offer as I have decided to set up my own blog.

Tomi

QUOTE(Tomi Maila @ Mar 12 2007, 04:49 PM)

Thanks for the offer ;) I must politely decline the offer as I have decided to set up my own blog.

Here, here! A good blog, especially if it has a lot of OOP in LabVIEW would be on my must read list.

Keep us posted ;)

(pun intended)