source distribution for previous version

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Feb 23 2007, 05:51 PM)

Is it not posible??? Must I open every VI (of 30) and save they for previous version? What would be if I would have 500 VIs?

I'm not sure what you mean, but you can select your top VI and save that for a previous version. All linked VIs (except those in vi.lib) will also be saved for previous.

Is this what you need?

/J

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Feb 23 2007, 04:02 AM)

Hello, is it possible to convert all of my project VIs including depencies and all of files to previous version?

I have 8.0.1 and want to convert and distribute for 7.1.

Thanks, Eugen

No, you can write a VI to do it for you. Open your project, grab all the targets (regular .vi's and dependencies) and save them for a previous version in a new folder. I'll try to make something that will do it for you.

QUOTE(JFM @ Feb 23 2007, 06:28 PM)

QUOTE(ars_stowers @ Feb 23 2007, 07:10 PM)

No, you can write a VI to do it for you. Open your project, grab all the targets (regular .vi's and dependencies) and save them for a previous version in a new folder. I'll try to make something that will do it for you.

Something approximately like the attached should help you out. What I'm including is far from fully functional, but it should give you a good starting point. Hope it helps!

Alternatively, just use JFM's solution, it is probably much better. If you are saving it for a prev version, your dependencies should be available on that computer in the previous version anyway.

Thanks, save for previous version in LV includes all depencies automaticaly only if i select a folder in the save dialog. But the VI from ars_stowers is very interesting.

Thanks a lot, Eugen

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Feb 23 2007, 07:20 PM)

Thanks, save for previous version in LV includes all depencies automaticaly only if i select a folder in the save dialog. But the VI from ars_stowers is very interesting.

Thanks a lot, Eugen

If you are converting back to LV7.1 from a LabVIEW 8 project, I would consider making a VI tree to display all Top level methods anyhow, since the project view didn't exist back then.

Have a nice weekend!

/J

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Feb 23 2007, 07:20 PM)

Thanks a lot, Eugen

Sorry, I think I start my VIs dynamicaly, and they are not included if I save for previous.

Eugen