Autosizing Misbehavior

orko

Hello,

The problem that I am fighting against now in my current project can be viewed in this simple VI:

Download File:post-3266-1172249715.zip (LV8.0.1)

Basically, the problem is a real time-burner in large projects which use typedef constants a lot (for instance in queued message handlers where you are converting variant data to their typdef'd form in multiple cases). Every time you change the typedef, no matter if you have autosizing turned off or not, the constant resizes and makes a mess of the block diagram.

I believe this may be related to the following post, but his problem seemed more related to labels:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?showtopi...t=0&p=24425

-- orko

QUOTE(orko @ Feb 23 2007, 12:00 PM)

Hello,

The problem that I am fighting against now in my current project can be viewed in this simple VI:

Download File:post-3266-1172249715.zip (LV8.0.1)

Basically, the problem is a real time-burner in large projects which use typedef constants a lot (for instance in queued message handlers where you are converting variant data to their typdef'd form in multiple cases). Every time you change the typedef, no matter if you have autosizing turned off or not, the constant resizes and makes a mess of the block diagram.

I believe this may be related to the following post, but his problem seemed more related to labels:

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?showtopi...t=0&p=24425

-- orko

This is a known issue.

I can only advise that you use a sub-VI to return the constant and use the sub-VI everywhere the typ-def-d constant would have appeared.

Ben