String Constant Erased

asuwish4

OK, This is crazy. I'm using 8.2:

I created a sub-VI that is essentially a dialog box. it is a string display with OK and CANCEL buttons beneath it.

There is a string control that is used to feed the string indicator from a calling VI. After one of the dialog buttons is pressed, I feed an empty string to a property node of the string indicator before closing the sub-vi.

I am using it in a VI that feeds a string constant into this dialog VI.

While testing it I found that after the dialog closes, my string constant, that was feeding it, goes blank.... bearing in mind that the string constant is not even in the dialog sub-vi, but in the calling VI.

However, if I replace the property node with a local variable, it works fine.

??? :blink:

Chuck

I've seen this kind of bug in development builds of LV when the inplaceness is improperly calculated and some function ends up writing on top of the constant string instead of making a copy for itself. Never seen it in a release build -- those sorts of errors usually show up pretty fast -- but it is possible. Post your VI and let's see what you've found...