Run time engines from previous versions included in LV 8.2 installer

There's a directory for LV711RTE and LV80RTE created by my LV 8.2 installer builder. They clearly deal with LV 7.1.1 and LV8.0 run time engines. I was wondering if anyone else has these directories in their installer directory. I can't understand why they would be needed. BTW, I have both LV 7.1.1 and LV 8.0 loaded.

I just spent a day trying to figure out why the installer builder was looking in my DAQmx 8.1 installation dir when I have DAQmx 8.5 loaded (and it's the only DAQmx that shows up in MAX). It turns out there was an old entry in the registry. So I'm wondering if the same thing is going on with the old run time engines. However I don't want to wipe out those old copies of LV yet like I could with DAQmx.

George

QUOTE(AnalogKid2DigitalMan @ Mar 21 2007, 08:51 AM)

I haven't built my first installer in 8.2 yet, but have also wondered why MAX shows run-time engines for 7.1, 8.0, and 8.2 with a fresh LV8.2 installation.

Some of Max's test panels were written in LV 7.1, thus the need for the 7.1 RTE. I suspect that something else in Max may have been written in 8.0, thus the need for that RTE.

• 1 month later...

QUOTE(george seifert @ Mar 21 2007, 08:47 AM)

There's a directory for LV711RTE and LV80RTE created by my LV 8.2 installer builder. They clearly deal with LV 7.1.1 and LV8.0 run time engines. I was wondering if anyone else has these directories in their installer directory. I can't understand why they would be needed. BTW, I have both LV 7.1.1 and LV 8.0 loaded.

I just spent a day trying to figure out why the installer builder was looking in my DAQmx 8.1 installation dir when I have DAQmx 8.5 loaded (and it's the only DAQmx that shows up in MAX). It turns out there was an old entry in the registry. So I'm wondering if the same thing is going on with the old run time engines. However I don't want to wipe out those old copies of LV yet like I could with DAQmx.

George

I am having the same issue with the installer builder looking for DAQmx 8.1

Using labview 8.2.1 and DAQmx 8.5

What did you end up doing to fix this?

-Jody