UserFreindly

QUOTE(Nullllll @ Mar 24 2007, 03:53 PM)

Hi all,

I want to ask if I have VI , and I want the user to full his name first , I mean menu , how can I do that??

Second if I want steps of questions to be done ,i.e first ask the user do u want addition or multiplication? if he chooses addition then the VI appear!!

Please Nullllll, put some effort in trying to make the VI first, then ask questions why it does not work. Apart from proving that you have actually tried something, it is often easier for us to get what you intend to do, if you include an example.

That said, create a subVI that acts as a dialog with the inputs you need, just display and use that dialog where you need it, this sub VI can then output any data type you need. Simple questions that can be answered by selecting a buttons (like OK, No, Yes, Cancel), can be implemented with the LabVIEW dialog VIs.

/J

I agree totally with JFM, show first that you have made an effort. Second, if you work through the introductory tutorial that comes with LabVIEW, and study through some of the examples you will find code that does what you are asking for. You can then make a copy of that code and modify for your uses.

You're lucky I've had another 1/4 post-932-1159825841.gif