OpenG "Array" library v2.6 released

Hello LAVA'ers,

There is a new version (2.6) of the OpenG "Array" library (oglib_array package) available. This library contains several routines manipulating arrays.

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5322

This release...

1) adds a new VI "Delete Elements from Array" that allows deleting an array with an array of indices (pointers)

2) adds a new VI "Reorder Array2" reorders a 1D or 2D array. 2D arrays are reodered by row or column

See here for more info.

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5323

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5324

You can download+install this package using VI Package Manager. Just press the "Check the Network for Available Packages" button to refresh your package list.

Thank you,

Jim, This is great. I've often thought that the array palette was one of the ones that could use the most expansion. OpenG is leading the way in that. Are you still looking for more functions in this area? There are a couple of array functions that I use all the time that I think might warrant inclusion. Like some of the string array functions that operate in one direction, but not the other. We could use those "others".

Again, thanks for all your hard work on behalf of the LV community

QUOTE(Mike Ashe @ Mar 28 2007, 08:54 PM)

Jim, This is great. I've often thought that the array palette was one of the ones that could use the most expansion. OpenG is leading the way in that. Are you still looking for more functions in this area? There are a couple of array functions that I use all the time that I think might warrant inclusion. Like some of the string array functions that operate in one direction, but not the other. We could use those "others".

Again, thanks for all your hard work on behalf of the LV community

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your support. Yes, submissions are always welcome. So, please feel free to post your ideas and examples -- you might want to put a BSD copyright notice on them, prior to posting them publicly.

One of the things on my to-do list is to make it easier for people to participate in the the OpenG process. The first part of the process is really the introduction of an idea for a VI, along with a simple functional specification that includes use cases (examples) for why the VI is useful. Then, the functional spec and use cases are evaluated by the process participants and community to ensure that all of the use cases are valid, a real need for the tool exists, and that the functional spec meets OpenG style guidelines. Then, we move to implementation, which requires a technical spec and a test plan. Finally, once implemented, we must validate that the implementation (including tests) meet the technical spec and OpenG style guidelines. Only then are we ready to release the new VIs. This is why the introduction of new VIs is a little slow.

Cheers,

-Jim