XControls as ChildWindows

I recently claimed it would be possible to use XControls as a ChildWindow container for sub-panels.

As a proof of concept I have coded the following (fun starts at 15 seconds):

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=5358

The avi shows a window with two panes, on the left a stop button and two load buttons, each load button will load a vi (reentrantly) into one of the two Child-windows in the right pane.

The movie is a little bit shacky since the load of the software that makes the movie.

Each XCTL has a 'mimimize', ' maximize' and 'close' button.

The top bar of the XCTL allows you to drag the window around, the upper 3 pixels allow you to resize the window vertically (other directions are not done yet).

Instructions to use (after extracting the .zip):

open the test.vi in subpanels\VIs

Run it, load the daughter.vi in subpanels\VIs into each of the child-windows with the two ' load VIs...' buttons.

If you want to move the windows you will notice you loose control of the window soon because the mouse get out of the window, haven't figured out how to trick that but maybe later....

Ton

Disclaimer:

The .zip contains 4 .ani files which are part of Windows XP, if anyone knows good royalty free cursors I'd love to hear (too lazy to google)

The movie is made with Broadcaster Studio Pro which allow you to capture your screen (or area) and stream that to a virtual webcam or disk!

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...