Plot auxiliary lines

I am in trouble with a multi plot graph. There is a wave chart, and I have to plot an auxiliary line when the user clicks over the graphic. I know how to get the initial point and the final point of the auxiliar line, I get the Y scale range and X absolute value, in other words, the X value of the place that I click. My doubt is in how can I plot this auxiliary line in the same graph? There is no problem if I have to use another labView object to do this task.

Any ideas, sugestions or examples?

Thank you in advance

QUOTE(torekp @ Apr 16 2007, 10:00 AM)

Find the NI example called Draw Graph with Events - what you're doing sounds similar.

It is not exactly what I need to do, because there is the necessity to plot many lines, not only one like in the example. Following the way of example, I got it, using the wave chart graph, but I need independent auxiliaries lines.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(Gustavo @ Apr 16 2007, 01:32 PM)

It is not exactly what I need to do, because there is the necessity to plot many lines, not only one like in the example.

Here's what I did for a vaguely similar project. Have an XY graph on your front panel. On your block diagram, have an array of clusters. Each cluster contains 2 arrays, an array of X values and one of Y values. Each cluster of 2 arrays will become one line on the graph. You can have several lines be data acquired from hardware if you like, and several lines be user-defined by drawing on the graph as in the Draw Graph with Events example. Every time the users want to create a new "auxillary line" let them push a boolean button on the front panel. In your block diagram you respond by adding a new cluster of 2 empty arrays, which then get populated when users drag/click the mouse.

Make sense? If not, post what you've got and I'll try to modify it.