getting started with automation

QUOTE(bob43 @ Apr 19 2007, 01:45 PM)

Can anyone suggest a good article or tutorial for getting started using LabView for automating 3rd party programs and existing VI's?

I am having a hard time getting to Square 1!

thanks

Probably not. Those are very specific topics that depend on which 3rd party programs and VIs that you're trying to use and which communication/messaging technologies that you're using to drive them.

Like JKring said: "probably not". However, don't be discouraged. I've worked with 3rd-party applications and some have gone very well, and some, well, you know ... :( ("wtf??")

It all depends on the documentation the 3rd-party provides you.

Any company wanting LV programmers to integrate our software with their application will provide reasonably adequate documentation. READ their documentation step by step. COM = ActiveX, that sort of thing. You will figure it out eventually. Keep plugging away. :thumbup:

QUOTE(Michael_Aivaliotis @ Apr 19 2007, 11:24 PM)

What 3rd party program are we talkin' about here?

I guess I worded the question incorrectlly, I am just looking for something like an into to automation.

I was hoping that the 3rd party software wouldn't matter. I have more research to do.

thanks