LV 8.2.1 reinstallation error 1301: Cannot create file

Crossposted to NI Forums.

Hi,

I was forced to uninstall LV 8.2.1 and reinstall it. When I'm reinstalling LV 8.2.1 I get an error message

Error 1301. Cannot create file ". A directory with the same name already exists. Cancel the install and try installing to a different location.

(Abort, Retry, Ignore).

This error is somehow related to the fact that after uninstalling LV 8.2.1 LabVIEW 8.2 installation directory still remains with some stuff in the user.lib and other folders. I'm always using OpenG packages and I didn't uninstall them so that may be the reason. I also used DataAct class browser with LabVIEW.

The problem is that I cannot uninstall my OpenG packages before I can get my LabVIEW installed again as VI Package Manager reposinsible for installing OpenG packages doesn't work without installed version of LabVIEW. And I cannot get my LabVIEW correctly installed because of this error. I can press ignore and the installation procedes but I don't know whet it didn't do because of the error.

Has anybody seen this installer error before? What does it mean?

For now I press Ignore.

Tomi Maila

Updated situation. I pressed the ignore button and the installation finnised. Then I used VIPM to uninstall all OpenG packages which worked ok. Then I uninstalled LV 8.2.1 for the Nth time. Then I removed the LabVIEW 8.2 installation directory manually as there were not any important stuff left there I guess. Then I reinstalled LV 8.2.1 again and it installed without errors.

Now I've to see if I can get my OpenG packages back in place. Jim, would you like to add repair installation button to VIPM that would allow users to repair broken package installations...

Tomi

QUOTE(Tomi Maila @ Apr 24 2007, 07:18 AM)

Now I've to see if I can get my OpenG packages back in place. Jim, would you like to add repair installation button to VIPM that would allow users to repair broken package installations...

Hi Tomi,

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament and happy to hear that you've worked through it. The VIPM package "repair" feature is on our roadmap.

Thanks for the feedback. :)

-Jim