MAX 4.2

I recently did my upgrade to LV 8.2.1 which included an upgrade to MAX 4.2, I immediately noticed one major change, no test panels. Instead of a floating display window when you hit the "Test" button, it is a split pane view with configuration in the bottom view and control or display information above.

While in some respects this may be desirable, to me they have taken away functionality. It would appear that I can only display the data as a graph, before I had the option to view the data as a chart, graph or value. If you have a task measuring DC levels on 32 channels, several of the values being identical, it is near impossible to get meaningful information in a graphical view.

Also, I often would have several test panels open at once, maybe toggle a couple of relays and view a couple of voltage channels, with the test panels now embedded in the upper pane of MAX this seems no longer possible.

I hope I am missing something, I called NI, they are getting back to me, I found nothing in the MAX help addressing this. I hope somebody has found a way to duplicate the functionality that existed in earlier versions, or if anybody can address why the change, I would like to hear from you.