Annual LAVA/OpenG BBQ

crelf

Hey, if there's another T-shirt giveaway at the BBQ, make sure to bring plenty of Extra-Larges this time. Remember, everything's bigger in Texas.

-D

P.S. - Seriously, I'm guessing you guys like the idea of me wearing a t-shirt with a big ol' LAVA logo to work...but I'm guessing my LabVIEW R&D colleagues don't want to see me in a tight t-shirt of any variety.

P.P.S. - haha, I'm glad to see my 100th LAVA post was something classy like this.

QUOTE(Darren @ May 23 2007, 02:47 PM)

Hey, if there's another T-shirt giveaway at the BBQ, make sure to bring plenty of Extra-Larges this time. Remember, everything's bigger in Texas.

But not all of us are from/in Texas. Variety is the spice of life - I know I also speak for Irene when I say that some of us look really silly in XL shirts and that's why we can't wear our spiffy LAVA shirts to work...or anywhere else.

QUOTE(xtaldaz @ May 23 2007, 02:00 PM)

But not all of us are from/in Texas. Variety is the spice of life - I know I also speak for Irene when I say that some of us look really silly in XL shirts and that's why we can't wear our spiffy LAVA shirts to work...or anywhere else.

I wish I'd known you had an XL LAVA shirt when you still worked here, Crystal...we could have traded!

-D

QUOTE(Darren @ May 23 2007, 03:03 PM)

I wish I'd known you had an XL LAVA shirt when you still worked here, Crystal...we could have traded!

-D

I traded my XL for a L and it still swims on me. Very sad...I so wanted to wear it. :(

QUOTE(xtaldaz @ May 23 2007, 02:12 PM)

I traded my XL for a L and it still swims on me. Very sad...I so wanted to wear it. :(

I wear my 'Large' LAVA shirt sometimes anyway, even though it makes me look like I should be in a Will Ferrell SNL skit. Some chick in downtown Austin actually asked me one time (when I was wearing my shirt) what LAVA was. Her eyes glazed over after I mentioned computers. I think next time I'll make up something about volcano worship.

-D

QUOTE(Darren @ May 24 2007, 04:47 AM)

Yeah - there are cattle ranches in Australia bigger than Texas :P

...but I'm guessing my LabVIEW R&D colleagues don't want to see me in a tight t-shirt of any variety.

That's a big assumption ;) nudge nudge wink wink

You fit right in :thumbup:

QUOTE(xtaldaz @ May 24 2007, 05:00 AM)

Variety is the spice of life - I know I also speak for Irene when I say that some of us look really silly in XL shirts and that's why we can't wear our spiffy LAVA shirts to work...or anywhere else.

I tell you what: if we do have prizes this year that are related to sizes, we can give out vouchers for cafepress where everyone can choose thier own sizes.

QUOTE(crelf @ May 23 2007, 02:43 PM)

Yeah - there are cattle ranches in Australia bigger than Texas

My rudimentary web searching skills are revealing the largest ranch in Australia to be about 30,000 sq. km, and Texas is about 680,000 sq. km.

What else you got, Dundee?

-D

QUOTE(JasonKing @ May 23 2007, 04:14 PM)

Swimming in a T-shirt is a lot better than swimming in boxer shorts! While many things in Texas may be big, my ###### isn't. I can't wear my LAVA boxers in public without getting arrested for indecent exposre. I want to be a lot of things in life, but a sex offender isn't one of them.

However, my girlfriend loves it when I wear them around the house :laugh:

J

Apparently we're kid-friendly in here and I can't say "arse". D'oh.

J

Don't bring them to AZ this weekend :nono:

QUOTE(AnalogKid2DigitalMan @ May 24 2007, 11:24 AM)

Yeah. Sheriff Joe will lock you up in tent city. And were getting back into the 100's in Phoenix. Not a pretty sight. :unsure:

He's coming straight to Flagstaff, so Sheriff Joe and 100 deg heat aren't issues here. My wrath is, though :angry:

QUOTE(xtaldaz @ May 24 2007, 03:13 PM)

He's coming straight to Flagstaff, so Sheriff Joe and 100 deg heat aren't issues here. My wrath is, though :angry:

Why am I facing your wrath? One second you're telling me it's not okay to bring boxers that can't stay above my ankles, and the next you're threatening to send me down the river in nothing but a life preserver? I'm so confused! :wacko:

Anyway, on-topic, my vote is still for Salt Lick. There's something to be said for being able to roll in your own cooler full of adult beverages.

J