Labview7.1 scale front panel on window resize screwy

Yes I'm using 7.1. No, it's what the company uses.

Anyway I've created a schematic of the system we're controlling, using a combo of indicators, controls, and a bunch of those lines to represent tubing that gases and liquids flow through.

So I've set it all up so that the ends of each of the lines snapped to the grid to make it nice and uniform and keep everything straight so it'd be easy to follow. But with the Vi Properties >> Window Size >> Scale all front panel objects with resize option set everything gets all out of whack after i resize the wondow. NONE of the striaght lines remain straight, much less have the ends touching any longer. But Circles and squares and the indicators and controls all seem to adjust ok, with the exception of when I have say a boolean control set inside a larger retangle.

Any one know anything on this?

I've tested it with the snap to grid enabled and disabled.

thank you

James

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6113

It's a bug in the resizing of lines. For what it's worth, it doesn't happen in the current beta.

Suggestions -

• Get rid of the resizing. I never liked it as it didn't really work well with font sizes.
  • Use controls instead of lines. The horizontal and vertical progress bars work the best and you can even use them to simulate flow (here's an example showing using a slide). To get rid of their 3D look, you need to right click the border with the paint tool and then click space when the color dialog comes up and select the transparent color.
  • Use the picture control. You can change the ratios when resizing the window (use the Panel Resize event).