Hanging / Popup Window for "This VI's Callers"

HI,

Maybe this is an old wish, if so I have missed it but .......

I really wish there was a better way to see the "This VI's Callers" and the "This VI's SubVI's" panel rather than having to go view --> Browse Releationships -> "This VI's Callers" and hol;ding the mouse there. It would be really good to be able to PIN the two menu panels and even better if once pined they automatically updated to be correct for a VI front panel or block diagram you clicked on.

I can never remember the list of VI's calling the VI I am working on and keep having to check.

You can sort of get the feature I want by opening the VI Heirarchy on the top level VI of your project and when going to edit a VI lower down update the VI heirachy but it is a little cluncky, the details shown by the "This VI's Callers" and the "This VI's SubVI's" give exactly what I want and how I want it I just do not want it to disapear when I move my mouse back to the block diagram to continue working.

Danny

It's fairly easy to roll your own solution. See the attached for a quick example (7.0). Place the LLB in your LabVIEW\Project folder and when you restart LV you will have the Callers Browser... option in your Tools menu which will launch this VI and call it using the VI you opened the tools menu from.

Note - this is just a quick example based on another quick example. It was meant as a proof of concept, not as an example of good UI or code. I suggest you fix it up (for example, call it This VI's Callers) and change its UI to look like LV's menu and add an option for refreshing (or auto refreshing) the list and upload an updated version both for this and for a VI which will show the callees.

QUOTE(yen @ Jul 26 2007, 07:39 PM)

It's fairly easy to roll your own solution. See the attached for a quick example (7.0). Place the LLB in your LabVIEW\Project folder and when you restart LV you will have the Callers Browser... option in your Tools menu which will launch this VI and call it using the VI you opened the tools menu from.

Note - this is just a quick example based on another quick example. It was meant as a proof of concept, not as an example of good UI or code. I suggest you fix it up (for example, call it This VI's Callers) and change its UI to look like LV's menu and add an option for refreshing (or auto refreshing) the list and upload an updated version both for this and for a VI which will show the callees.

Thank's very much Yen, I will have a play with that next week when I get back to work

Danny