VI package manager - package fails to download

Hi all,

Just got LabVIEW 8.2.1 and thought it a good time to update my OpenG package. I have never managed to get the openG stuff into my palettes as there were intended, I can live with that. But right now I can't get the latest array package either. I'm using the new beta VIPM. The error I get is detailed in the attachment, basically says "could not download". Any ideas? Maybe this is something to do with the dynamic palette package, as the array package requires it. The dynamic palette package seems to be installed but not functioning. Although the VIPM indicates that its not installed. The VIPM has successfully installed 22 other packages but fails to download these 2.

Or is there a location were I can download the packages in there usable form without the need for the VIPM? I'm just after the latest array package for now.

TIA

-Martin

http://forums.lavag.org/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=6511

Hi Martin,

I'm not sure what the problem might be -- I'd guess that it has something to do with the network connection.

If you want to download the latest packages, you can find most of theme here:

Click on the "download" link and you will be able to choose which package you wish to download (you'll want the array package in the list).

Cheers,

-Jim

PS - If you need support for VIPM, it's probably best to post to JKI software forums. We can look into your issue further if you can attach your latest error log file (located in "C:\Program Files\JKI\VI Package Manager\error\").

Thanks Jim,

I have all the VIs I need now. :thumbup:

-Martin

QUOTE(Neville D @ Aug 1 2007, 05:02 PM)

Great,

That solved the problem for me :yes:

Thanks a lot Neville,

-Martin

QUOTE(Neville D @ Aug 1 2007, 05:02 PM)

Yes, I've had that happen a number of times as well. Somewhere in there, you can change the internet mirror sites that VIPM looks at for the downloads.. if you change the order of the sites so that the geographically closest one is first, and so on, it seems to help. At other times, just wait a while (maybe a day) and try again.

You might also try changing the timeout value to about a minute or so.

Neville.

Thanks Neville, it all works as it should now. :thumbup:

-Martin

QUOTE(Jim Kring @ Aug 1 2007, 06:42 PM)

Martin: Do you know which setting change, specifically, caused the problem? This info would be useful to us for trying to reproduce, fix, and document the problem on our end.

Neville: Thanks for the suggestion. I'm glad this worked!

Thanks,

-Jim

Yes - First I tried changing the order of mirrors so that the ones geographically nearest to me were fist in the list (I'm in the UK). Tools>Options>Advanced>. That did not work for me.

Then I changed the "TCPIP timeout" to 60 seconds. Tools>Advanced>Internet>. Then all worked fine from that point onwards.

Hope this will be of help.

-Martin