controlling MAX with Active X,

QUOTE(VegHead @ Aug 6 2007, 07:25 PM)

Trying to use active X to control MAX. Need to get to the Reset Configuration function found under the tools > NIDAQmx configuration >

Any idea what class this is found in?

Any idea where I can find Help for active X and MAX?

Thanks,

Dave

If you want to reset your device you don't need ActiveX, there is a reset device VI in the DAQmx lib:

C:\Programme\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\DAQmx\configure\system.llb\DAQmx Reset Device.vi

Unfortunately this VI is not in (my) DAQmx-Palette - but I can remember it was there in LV 7.1.1 ...

QUOTE(i2dx @ Aug 7 2007, 01:37 AM)

If you want to reset your device you don't need ActiveX, there is a reset device VI in the DAQmx lib:

C:\Programme\National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.2\vi.lib\DAQmx\configure\system.llb\DAQmx Reset Device.vi

Unfortunately this VI is not in (my) DAQmx-Palette - but I can remember it was there in LV 7.1.1 ...

I wish it were that simple. The Reset NI-DAQmx Configuration appears in MAX at Tool > NI-DAQmx Configuration > Reset DI-DAQmx Configuration, completely clears out all tasks and global channels.

My goal is give my users an interface that will give them choices between loading a set of Default Tasks, use the current tasks or loading a previously saved Configuration of Tasks. The DAQmx Import function merges the incoming tasks with any that currently exist. I can't rely on them to delete the unneeded tasks.

So I'm looking for a way to delete all the tasks and global channels for the instance when the user wants to load the default or previously saved settings.

Thanks,

Dave