Internet access through Proxies

I have a LabVIEW program which access some pages of my Website to download images and conduct MySQL transactions. The subject domain is Medical / Wound Care / Wound Images.

The deployment is hopefully wide with many Windows customers using the program. The program is distributed on a memory stick as it happens, so one user may plug it into different computers during the day hoping to access the web site.

I am using cURL to pass the http requests. In the setup part of the program I have the Proxy Server, Proxy Port and User name and Password stored on the memory stick.

It is hard to check all the proxy configurations out there…My plan is to test for Access to my Website without proxies, if this fails apply the proxy information to the cURL command line. Does this make sense?

Is there any location on a Windows computer where the proxy information can be reliably retrieved?

Thank you

John Brohan

By the way smercurio... posted a helpful vi to test it there is any access to the web (thanks) at

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?boar...=276144#M251808

QUOTE(jbrohan @ Aug 10 2007, 04:44 AM)

Is there any location on a Windows computer where the proxy information can be reliably retrieved?

Windows stores the proxy settings in 3 registry keys that can be found at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings

• ProxyEnable stores the value of the checkbox "Use proxy server for you LAN"
  • ProxyServer stores the values of proxy server and port as a string in the format servername:port
  • ProxyOverride stores the value of the checkbox "Bypass proxy server for local addresses"