Get Path to the Frontmost VI

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Aug 16 2007, 10:25 PM)

Hello, can anybody help. I want to get the path to the frontmost VI if mouse was doubleclicked. Probably my solution will work with an EXE, but it don't work while programming.

Eugen

On a side note, AFAIK, if the VIs are in memory (which they'll have to be to be front-most :) ) you don't need a full path for the "open" command. Just a string of the VI name will do.

Why shouldn't this work while programming? I think it should. Ah. You're building the paths from your "App" instance. While programming, this is LabVIEW itself I believe. In an EXE it's your build program. I think you need to switch paths depending on whether you're running a built program or within the development environment. Or you can just get "All VIs in memory" passing only these strings to the "open" command and forget the path altogether.

Shane.

QUOTE(Eugen Graf @ Aug 16 2007, 01:25 PM)

Hello, can anybody help. I want to get the path to the frontmost VI if mouse was doubleclicked. Probably my solution will work with an EXE, but it don't work while programming.

Eugen

Your problem might lie in the application reference. In LV8+ they changed some things over and I've been using the VI at vi.lib\Utility\allVIsInMemory.llb\Get User Application Reference.vi to get the app reference for utilities in different app instances (ie: project tools).