Question about Queues and Endevo GOOP repository

I need to ask this because Im not at the target machine to try it myself until Monday.

Re Endevo by ref Goop Wizard 3.0.5

I am using queues in process objects.

WHen I create the object I create the queue and store the queue reference in the attributes of the object.

Then I use the queue for controlling public status and shutdown functions etc..

Question is the following.

I ran into a glitch today whereby the queue refs and some other refs go invalid while the Goop repository is showing "live" objects.

The values of the refs are intact but they are invalid

Anyone have any Idea what I am describing?

Thank You

PS: I hope this isn't simply Labview not running. How can that be when I am using the object inspector. I don't yet get it.

QUOTE(Aristos Queue @ Aug 18 2007, 06:49 AM)

The queue references get invalidated when the VI that created them goes idle. Could this be the source of your problems?

Thats probably it.

Thanks AQ

I guess I am going to have a tough time working around this. I got snagged because it did not occur to me that any resources would be

de-allocated if the object still exists. I was hoping there was an easy way to keep em.

Looks like the only solution for my plight is to reastablish the ones that are invalid when obtaining the reference to the (so called existing) object.

BTW the GOOP refs are fine but I think there is a good reason for it.

Im wondering if I approachd this correctly. Id like to create an object then obtain the reference to it later from other threads (like an available resource) until it is destroyed.

I am not sure how Endevo GOOP objects exist in the repository. It appears they are just referenced clusters.

Remember that the object is not holding onto the queue. The VI is holding onto the queue. The object is just holding onto a number.

The Endevo objects are still in existence because the VI that holds the objects is still running. If it were to go idle, your references to those objects would likewise go idle. You described them as referenced clusters. There's no such thing as references in LV per se. There are numbers that are indexes into an array of data. That array is still live because the Endevo tool is still running in the background.