A kind of array to filter and show multiple elements

schematicpp6.th.jpg

I hope the image clarifies what I want to do.

I have alot of types with multiple elements. I need to take info from those types to calculate with. Then I want to filter out all types that don't fit and show the remaining types.

I can simpelfy the left "hoogte" row by putting the hoogte in as an element of the type. I could make the columns into "type X hoogte Y" for example.

Anyone know a clean and easy way to start on this? I would put everything in arrays. That way I could have easy access to all elements.

problem with that would be filtering out whole columns and showing the remaining.

A cluster in an array maybe?

Edit: these are only a few types. It could go up into the 100.

(IMAGE: http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1423/schematicpp6.th.jpg)

I hope the image clarifies what I want to do.

Sorry, no. It is unreadable - too small.

I have alot of types with multiple elements. I need to take info fromthosetypestocalculatewith.ThenIwanttofilteroutalltypesthatdon'tfit and show the remaining types.

I can simpelfy theleft"hoogte" rowbyputtingthehoogteinasanelementofthetype.Icouldmakethe columns into"typeXhoogteY"forexample.

Anyone know a clean and easy way to start on this? I would put everything in arrays. That way I could have easy access to all elements.

problem with that would be filtering out whole columns and showing the remaining.

What you call filtering sounds more like deleting a column. There is an entire palette of functions (called the "Array" palette) for manipulating arrays including, deleting portions, creating specific subsets, transposing, reversing, etc. You just need to learn how these functions work. Looking at example code is a good way to get started. Array use is so common that you have a hard time not seeing examples of it. But you can search in the Help for "delete column," "array," and other similarly obvious keywords.

This is probably not the best forum for this sort of basic question. Maybe use the LabVIEW General forum in the future for new user stuff. Generally, you should be prepared to say what your own efforts have been to figure out the problem before asking for getting lots of help.

QUOTE(mross @ Sep 12 2007, 03:37 PM)

You have to click the image.

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=schematicpp6.jpg

QUOTE(mross @ Sep 12 2007, 03:37 PM)

I bet I can do it with seperate numeric control boxes to (no, i'm not going to try that), that isn't the problem. I don't need a whole solution. I was just wondering what the best and cleanest design for this problem was.

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=schematicpp6.jpg' target="_blank">

QUOTE(dee @ Sep 12 2007, 09:49 AM)

When you click the image in the orignal post you just get the thumbnail - at least with firefox you do.

Seeing the image doesn't change the answer. You just need to learn to use the functions in the Array palette. Everything you need is there, and no amount of advise will substitute for creating the array and using the array functions to manipulate it. What you describe is a simple delete from array operation. Start with that.